Safety tips for using Magnetic Eyelashes
What are magnetic lashes?
Magnetic eyelashes essentially work by sandwiching your natural lash between two fake lashes with magnetic strips, which hold them in place the way glue normally would.
How long do magnetic lashes last?
They will actually last for as long as you take care of them as there is no glue to clump up on the lash band, contorting and messing up the lash, which makes normal lashes unusable after a few uses. The lash and eyeliner hold up to 10 hours (essentially, the entire day).
Do magnetic lashes fall off?
As long as you take care of them, magnetic lashes will last indefinitely with minimal care, unlike fake lashes that use glue, which will need to be gently cleaned after each use if you want to wear them again.
Do you put mascara on before magnetic lashes?
Yes you need to put mascara before magnetic lashes. Unlike traditional strips, magnetic eyelashes can be reused over and over again, but only if you keep them makeup-free.
Can you swim with magnetic lashes?
As fun as going for a dip is, we highly recommend that you don't go swimming or take a shower with your magnetic lashes. However, if you're a hot yoga type, like to go hiking or anything else that's active, it's no problem.
Are They Safe?
The short answer appears to be yes. But there are a few things you should keep in mind.
If you decide to go with magnetic lashes, keep the following things in mind:
- Don’t share magnetic lashes with other people.
- Keep the box for your lashes clean and closed.
- Don’t store your magnetic lashes in very hot places.
- If your eyes become irritated, stop using the lashes.
- Don’t use them if you have an infection or the skin around your eye is irritated. Throw away any lashes that you used at about the time you got the infection or irritation.
- Wash your hands before touching your eyelids.
- Be careful not to touch or scratch your eyeball.
- Don’t try to put your lashes on in a moving vehicle. Your hands may slip. That could cause injury or infection.
- If you’re having an MRI, check with your doctor about whether it’s safe to wear your eyelashes that day.
"Be sure to check with your doctor if you have any sort of bad reaction to an eyelash-enhancing product, whether extensions, magnetic eyelashes, or eye drops."
Can you wear magnetic lashes through airport security?
As different airline companies have different rules, it's not suggested to wear the magnetic eyelashes to go through airport security.
How do you use magnetic eyelashes for beginners?
Step 1: Open your eye and place the bottom lash (red dot) underneath the top lash. Step 2: Push the bottom lash into place, as close to the lash line as possible, and close your eye shut. Step 3: Place the upper lash on top of your natural lash, and it will connect to the bottom lash magnetic in place.